Appleby Farm – Five Fun Facts!
To get you in the mood for the launch of the Appleby Farm series tomorrow, here are some fun facts about the story…
1. When I finished Tilly’s story in Ivy Lane, I had no idea that Freya the waitress in Shenton Road café would become the main character in my new novel!
2. I visited four farms as background research for Appleby Farm and while I was at one of them, the farm dog killed one of the hens. It was really gory and there were feathers everywhere and I had to pretend not to mind!
3. Freya’s story started when I happened to look up the meaning of the name Freya. I found that people with this name tend to be leaders rather than followers. They resent authority and are stubborn, proud and impatient. I knew instantly that there was more to her than met the eye!
4. Appleby Farm is a stand-alone series, there is no need to have read Ivy Lane. However a few of my favourite characters do make an appearance!
5. In part two of Appleby Farm, there is a scene in Paris which describes the view a window. I’m actually describing the view from the hotel overlooking the Jardin des Tuileries which I stayed in with my husband a few years ago. *Sigh*… happy times!
So there you are – some snippets about Appleby Farm which will be appearing magically onto Kindles and iPads sometime after midnight tonight. I hope you enjoy my new story and don’t forget to order your copy for 99p here!