The Playlist for Conditional Love
I had great fun coming up with a playlist to accompany my debut novel. As it’s a romantic comedy, I wanted to combine three things: romance, happiness and the events of the story. Some of the song choices are even actually mentioned in the book! For example, Take That was a boy band big in the UK in the nineties when main character Sophie grew up. They’ve had a revival recently and now their lead singer, Gary Barlow is the head judge on X Factor. I adore Gary and, surprise surprise, Sophie does too!
I don’t listen to music when I write, I have to have absolute silence, so I can’t claim that any particular music inspires me. However, I can say that the tunes I’ve included on the playlist fit perfectly with the book and that I am happily listening to them as I write this blog post!
I’ve you’re a Spotify aficionado, you might like to follow this list there, or just click on the link below.
OK so here are the songs:
1. Noah and The Whale – Five Years Time
2. Take That – A Million Love Songs
3. Beyoncé – Single Ladies
4. Taylor Swift –I knew You were Trouble
5. Madonna – Into the Groove
6. Take That – Back for Good
7. Taylor Swift – We are never ever getting back together
8. Michael Bublé – Crazy Love
9. Bruno Mars – Count on Me
10. Madonna – Papa don’t preach
11. Emile Sandé – Read all about It
12. Kelly Clarkson – Stronger
13. Michael Bublé – Everything
14. Patrick Wolf – House
So there you go not only an insight into the feel of Conditional Love, but a flavour of my musical tastes too!